Cooking Ribs Is Easier Than It Seems



Until three years ago I had never cooked ribs. I do not enjoy messy eating and I never saw anyone eat ribs in a tidy fashion. Therefore, when I began cooking for my family I managed to never cook ribs for dinner. In fact, I never even knew that my husband and stepchildren enjoyed eating ribs.

Then, One day my husband asked me why I never cooked ribs for dinner. It took me a moment to realize that he was serious. This was the first time he had ever asked me to cook ribs. So, after a long pause I explained that I really saw no reason to cook ribs. I explained that I found them to be messy, annoying and really there was very little meat on the bones. He explained that he would like to have ribs cooked for dinner one day. I told him to go ahead. That conversation took place ten years ago and for seven years no ribs were cooked in my house.



A Cookware Party Changed My Mind About Cooking Ribs

One day I went to a cookware party that specialized in stoneware. At the party one of the item for sale was a very expensive stoneware roaster. The hostess explained how the stoneware roaster cooked food to perfection, working somewhat like a stone bar-b-que dug into the ground at parties and pig roasts. I decided I would buy the roaster and give it a try after all hadn’t my husband said he wanted me to start cooking ribs.

Cooking Ribs For My Family Provides Quite The Surprise

I followed the directions for cooking ribs; one rack of ribs, family’s favorite bar-b-que sauce and 10-12 hours in the oven at 250 degrees, simple enough. I put the entire combination together and left for work. When I returned home that evening, my house smelled like a Hawaiian luau. The smoky bar-b-que and beef mingled in the air in an aroma that made everyone’s mouth water. Served with fresh pineapple, baked potatoes and a fresh green salad on the side, I came to realize what my husband found so delightful in a plate of cooked ribs.

Stoneware Roaster Cooks Like An Expensive Bar-B-Q Pit, Only Better

I will tell you that the stoneware roaster that I bought cooked the ribs to perfection. The meat literally fell off of the bones. It was tender, tasty and perfectly roasted. To this day my husband may complain amount the money I spend but he never complains about that roaster I bought.

Comments