Chayote Vermicelli Soup


To Mom with LOVE.......Mother’s Day Celebration is round the corner.  I am sure everyone has planned their day. How are you going to celebrate this special day with your beloved mother? Buy her a dinner?  Shop together with her? Cook a meal for her? There are so many things that you can do for with her but not me.  I am unable to do all this now as we have apart right now as she has gone to another world.  The saddest, I never have a chance to cook for her.  She always the “main cook” in the house, no matter is breakfast, lunch or dinner.   Those wonderful home-cook meals are still fresh in my mind now…...and become my willpower in the kitchen now.  And today, I wish like to share one of my mom’s recipes that always bright in my head and also one of my favorites - Chayote Vermicelli Soup. 
Happy Mother’s Day to all the Lovely Mothers out there!

Chayote Vermicelli Soup

Ingredients

2 medium size of Chayote, diced in cube
300gm – Vermicelli, soak till soft
200gm – Minced meat or lean meat (it can be pork or chicken meat)
30gm – Dried Chinese Black Fungus, soak till soft
2 slices – Ginger
2 cloves – Garlic, chopped
2 tbsp – Cooking oil
1tsp - Salt

Seasoning for minced meat or lean pork or chicken meat:
2 tsp - Corn Flour
2 tbsp – Soy Sauce
1 tbsp – Oyster Sauce
1 tbsp – Sesame Oil



Method:
  • Heat oil in the wok or pot
  • Add in chopped garlic and ginger
  • Add in seasoned minced meat and black fungus, toss it
  • Add in with 2 big bowl of water, leave it boil for 10 minutes
  • Add in diced Chayote, cook for minutes or till it half soften
  • Lastly, add in the soften Vermicelli and cook for another 5-10 minutes and some salt on your taste.
  • Remove from wok or pot and serve straight away.

Comments